Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bird, Zachary, DI finds, Rape Stats?

Update:

After enduring some difficult tests yesterday I went to see Loney Dear and Andrew Bird. Both were really really great and although the place was very crowded I am glad that I decided to go. I bought one of Martin Dosh's albums (Bird's drummer and a great solo act as well) and a tour poster that is pretty awesome. The whole show had alot of switching of instruments and looping and it was cool just to see how they used the technology to make the songs sound as full live as they do on the recordings. If he comes to your town...go. Here is some Martin Dosh doing his thing....its off of the album I bought yesterday and called Capture the Flag.


Today I watched a semi-disturbing documentary at Kevin's house called Dear Zachary. It is an incredibly sad story about a guy who gets murdered by his girlfriend, who was pregnant with his son. I don't want to give too much away so I will just tell you to see it and that it has a major twist at the end. Its a movie that you should watch, but it might leave you a little depressed. Here is the trailer for it, which is not all that exciting, but the movie is definitely reccommended viewing.

I also stopped by the the old Deseret Industries to browse a bit on my way home. I got pumped when I found a little casio keyboard there, but it didn't work. I grabbed a few old Mark Twain books, found a copy of Catch me if you can (the book by Frank Abengale), and also Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck. I read Grapes of wrath in High school and enjoyed it then, so if I get time on my hands I would like to do it again. Its a book worth owning for one dollar.

I also bought a record that has all of the Chopin Waltzes on it, which I am pretty excited about. I became a huge fan of this stuff while in Guatemala on the mission. I even tried to learn this one during the summer. Its extremely difficult, but it may be my very favorite classical piano peice of all time. Its got a very sing-a-long-ish melody and interesting rhythmic backing. Listen closely.

I think this guy places it slightly too fast.

Oh and for kicks...is this real or not? I hate Nancy Grace. Rape stats?

Another Awkward moment.


Tommorow I have to go interview with one of the Dental Board of Review people at Utah State. Wonderful. I am dreading it. Trying not to though.

No comments: