Wednesday, January 14, 2009

AI, Lip Syncing, Gran Torino


Last night I watched a little bit of American Idol. Not quite as entertaining as I remember it, but I think that every year. I do want to watch the episode when they come to Salt Lake. That will be worth watching I think. Out of all the weirdys who came in this time around I would have to say that my favorite was the rocker who just wanted somebody to tell him he was really good. Why he thought Simon was going to do that is beyond me... Anyways, I am going to try to watch that show a little less this year, but I will update once in a while my thoughts.

Speaking of singing and pop, what is with this trend of lip syncing live music these days? Nobody expects performances to be perfect, so why make it sound just like the album? Ashley simpson, Kanye, Britney, ect. ect. ect. Here is one I have found more recently, and this is the worst way to get caught I think.


Oh and I saw Gran Torino and thought it was pretty good. Clint Eastwood really can't do much wrong it seems. Although I think some of the supporing actors were a bit stiff, that is probably because they were all first-timers and also because it was filmed in like 5 weeks.

Eastwood has said this will most likely be the last time he will appear in front of the camera. Lets hope not. He has alot more screen presence than most other actors these days, and it seems his movies entertain and have a point at the same time. Also, even though the guy is 78 years old, he still makes you believe you could snap your neck if he wanted to.

No comments: