Thursday, January 15, 2009

PBJ, Bacon, Uncrustables, D. B.

Yesterday was a long one. I stayed up on campus until like 9:30 studying up on some classes. It was a good thing to do. Tests loom around the corner. So not much exciting to write about in that realm of stuff.

Had my first Physics Quiz today and it was easy since I had studied up. I am not so concerned about that class, I think I know how to study for it pretty well and none of the concepts are really all that foreign. Its actually kind of fun.

I packed me lunch today. I like eating peanut butter sandwiches, an apple, and a granola bar. I think there is a problem with the way I used to make my sandwiches though, because I would put a layer of peanut butter then the jelly, and therefore I would have jelly soaked bread after about an hour or two of sitting there. No good. So recently I have started doing a layer of peanut butter on both pieces of bread, kind of like a buffer zone. Only problem is, now I feel like I have thrown the entire peanut butter/jelly balance off. I get too much of the peanut butter. Being that I only like crunchy, it is incredibly hard to get a very thin layer on both sides of the bread. So although the jelly soak issue has been dealt with, now there is a new problem. Moral of the story...Dont solve problems. Why am I talking about this?

Above is one of the worst idea ever. Although I admit I have never tried it. They are things that should be seperate until they are put together. How lazy are we getting to not be able to open two bottles? You dont see ketchup and mustard in the same bottle.

Speaking of sandwiches, I saw this thing on the news the other day about how to make elvis's favorite sandwich. Supposedly he invented it after coming down off of a 3 week bezadine high. So he was pretty hungry anyways.. It consists of peanut butter, jelly, tons of bacon, and sometime honey and bananas depending on what you like. Usually he would deep fry or toast these little babies. No wonder his heart stopped. Anyways, I am so incredibly curious about this that I think I might try it out. I always ragged on peanut butter and pickle sandwiches until I gave it a try and it wasn't half bad, so this could be the same way. Here is a picture of somebodies version.


Finally here is another peanut butter/jelly product I cannot get behind, although Rachel was obsessed with these nasty things. Thats culture consumerism for you. I think Smuckers is seeing the millions of lbs. of peanut butter consumed every year by kids and just was trying to find a way to make people pay more for it. And since nobody likes the crust, I give you "Uncrustables!". My mom actually bought some of these. They were not very tasty, didn't even taste like real bread. But how could it? Otherwise they would have the jelly leaking into the spongy bread and the product would be ruined.


Enough about all of that.

Here is the guy I vote for DB. of the year. Reminds me how in highschool 2 kids could sit around and talk about speaker systems and snowboards for hours on ends in some secret code I could never understand. And also, I have a thing for strange news interviews. I have a couple I need to post still.

Pitted, so pitted.

3 comments:

Rachel Kenley said...

I've never eaten an Uncrustable in my life.

Idiot.

Calvin Smooth said...

you are so full of it. you begged mom to get those!

Taffy and Tony said...

I too love PB&J with crunchy peanut butter, but I never realized it was an interesting reading topic. You're amazing, Calvin!